Certified Nursing Assistant (CNA) – Now Online. Enroll today!
Certified Nursing Assistants (CNAs) are healthcare professionals who provide hands-on healthcare to patients in medical settings. CNAs assist patients with bathing, dressing, feeding and any other basic activities involved in daily life.
Our State-approved CNA course prepares the student to become a Certified Nursing Assistant in California. Our training approach combines a strong theory background with comprehensive hands-on instruction of clinical skills. CNAs work as health care workers in long term care or acute care settings.
Get Free Information
Our program is approved and monitored by California Department of Public Health (CDPH) and prepares the Nurse Assistant Student for the State of California Nursing Assistant Examination. Certification is after satisfactory completion of the course program and passing of the CA State Exam. This course introduces the students to the role of a nursing assistant with instruction in basic skills and competencies. Theory classes will be held in the classroom and clinical hours will be at the contracted training facilities or laboratory.
Upon completion of this program, the student will be able to:
• Demonstrate application of basic math and science skills.
• Use verbal and written communication.
• Demonstrate legal and ethical responsibilities.
• Provide emergency care as well as personal patient care.
• Describe the anatomy and physiology of the human body.
• Perform physical comfort and safety functions and nursing procedures.
• Apply principles of nutrition and the principles of infection control.
• Provide biological, psychological, and social support.
• Perform organizational skills, following the patient plan of care.
• Assist with restorative (rehabilitative) activities.
• Demonstrate employability skills.
• Demonstrate knowledge of blood borne diseases, including AIDS.
• High School diploma, GED, Equivalent or pass the Ability To Benefit exam.
• Valid Social Security card (matching first and last name).
• Valid CA Photo ID (Driver’s License, CA ID card, Passport, Green Card).
• Submit completed Live scan form.
• Proof of good health: A report which includes a medical history, physical examination and PPD TB Test or Chest X-Ray (CXR) clearance signed by a healthcare provider confirming good health student and no risk to student, patients or visitors.
• A valid CPR card. This may be completed during the CNA course by the American Heart Association.
• A clean criminal record.