At the completion of this program the student will learn:
• Identify strategies developed by cyber adversaries to attack networks and hosts and the countermeasures deployed to defend them.
• Understand the principles of organizational security and the elements of effective security policies.
• Know the technologies and uses of cryptographic standards and products.
• Install and configure network- and host-based security technologies.
• Describe how wireless and remote access security is enforced.
• Describe the standards and products used to enforce security on web and communications technologies.
• Identify strategies for ensuring business continuity, fault tolerance, and disaster recovery.
• Summarize application and coding vulnerabilities and identify development and deployment methods designed to mitigate them.
Applicants must possess a high school diploma or GED, or pass the ability to benefit (ATB) test. In order to determine ability to benefit, the Wonderlic Basic Skills test will be given to all students who do not have a High School Diploma or GED.
Upon successfully completing this program, the student is prepared to take the Comptia Security+ Certification exam. For more information, see: https://certification.comptia.org. Successful graduates will be employable as Security Administration professionals. (DOT Codes: 031.262-014 and 823.261-900)