Computer Office Automation (Online)
In this Certificate course, participants will be exposed to and learn all phases and techniques used in working with Microsoft Office, including Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Outlook. Additionally, the student will be exposed to learning various office techniques and career development and will master the skills needed to successfully work in clerical occupations.
At the completion of this program the student
will be able to:
1. Use the computer, navigate and conduct Internet search
2. Create, edit and save Microsoft Word documents.
3. Create, edit and save Microsoft Excel spreadsheets, along with the ability to use formulae and display charts.
4. Create, edit and save Microsoft Powerpoint slide shows for Office presentations.
5. Use Microsoft Outlook for sending and receiving email, along with proper corporate email etiquette.
Applicants must possess a high school diploma or GED, or pass the ability to benefit (ATB) test.
Upon successfully completing this program, the student is prepared to take the Microsoft Office Specialist (MOS) Certification exam. For more information, see: https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/learning/mos-certification.aspx. Successful graduates will be employable as receptionists, office clerks, administrative assistants, information clerks, customer service clerks and data entry clerks. (DOT Codes 169.167-010, 169.167-014, 186.117-034, 203.362-010 and 203.582-054)