Program Description: In this Certificate course, participants will learn to administer and maintain MySQL databases with the knowledge and skills to administer a MySQL database infrastructure. Additionally, they will learn to support applications that deliver content from MySQL databases. It will prepare the students to work as Database Administrators in the IT Industry.
After completing this course, students will be able to:
1. Authenticate and authorize users
2. Assign server and database roles
3. Authorize users to access resources
4. Protect data with encryption and auditing, Describe recovery models and backup strategies, Backup MySQL databases
5. Restore MySQL databases
6. Automate database management
7. Configure security for the MySQL agent, Manage alerts and notifications
8. Managing MySQL using CLI
9. Trace access to MySQL
10. Monitor a MySQL infrastructure
11. Troubleshoot a MySQL infrastructure
12. Import and export data
Applicants must possess a high school diploma or GED, or pass the ability to benefit (ATB) test. In order to determine ability to benefit, the Wonderlic Basic Skills test will be given to all students who do not have a High School Diploma or GED.
Successful graduates will be employable as Database Administration professionals. (DOT Code 039.162-010)