Penetration Testing with Kali Linux
Program Description: Penetration Testing with Kali Linux introduces students to the latest ethical hacking tools and techniques. You will learn to conduct a penetration test from start to finish through hands-on experience within a target-rich, diverse, and vulnerable network environment. This is a very unique course that combines traditional course materials teaching the latest ethical hacking tools and techniques with hands-on simulations using a virtual lab environment.
The course is designed to teach:
1. Using multiple information gathering techniques to identify and enumerate targets running various operating systems and services
2. Ability to write basic scripts and tools to aid in the penetration testing process
3. How to analyze, correct, modify, cross-compile, and port public exploit code
4. Ability to successfully conduct both remote and client side attacks
5. Ability to identify and exploit XSS, SQL injection, and file inclusion vulnerabilities in web applications – Expertise in deploying tunneling techniques to bypass firewalls
Applicants must possess a high school diploma or GED, or pass the ability to benefit (ATB) test. In order to determine ability to benefit, the Wonderlic Basic Skills test will be given to all students who do not have a High School Diploma or GED.
Successful graduates will be employable as Computer Security professionals. (DOT Code 033.362-010)